It takes guts to sport a bright crimson pucker but in this month’s Allure magazine Poppy King, creator and CEO of Lipstick Queen lipsticks, gave expert tips on how to pull off the trend with confidence. (See Allure’s November issue, page 90 for the full article)
1. Find your perfect red: There’s no hard and fast rule for what shade you should wear but as a general rule cool blue-based reds are most flattering on fair-skinned gals, while warmer orange or gold based reds work best for darker skin.
2. Richer is better: The prettiest reds are opaque, not overly matte, with a slight sheen. If you’re looking for lasting colour pick a darker shade as the pigments make it less necessary to apply often.
3. Be prepared: Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Use an old toothbrush to gently scrub away dead cells then apply a touch of moisturizing lip balm before applying the red.
4. Slick it on: Apply the lipstick directly from the tube (don’t use a lip brush- it will be too sheer). Start at the center of your pout and move outward. Blot once with a tissue, then apply another layer if desired.
5. Make it modern: Be subtle with the rest of your makeup. Wear mascara, a hint of eyeliner and a rosy blush.
6. Keep it casual: The less formal your clothes, the better red lipstick looks. Skip the crimson pucker at weddings and try it instead with a white tank and jeans.
Shades to try:
Cover Girl Continuous Lipstick in Really Red
Loreal Paris Colour Juice Stick in Cherry Freeze
Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lip Colour in Non-Stop Cherry
Winter is coming and with it comes dry indoor heating, frigid winds and arctic weather all of which can wreak havoc on your locks. Check out Divine.ca for tips on keeping your hair looking brilliant.
CoverGirl is one of the official sponsors of America’s Next Top Model the reality show that has girls everywhere practicing their own pouty stares and runway struts.
Last week one of my favourite contestants, Sarah, the so-called “plus-size” model, won the CoverGirl Makeup Mirror Challenge. Her choice of glossy, nude lips and dramatic eyes won her the coveted prize.
Check out her winning selections:
The deep, richer hues of autumn nail polish collections reveal only a slight departure from summer’s more severe gothic style black talons. The new luxe shades are wine and chocolate-inspired and are full of delicious indulgence.
Essie Weingarten, president and founder of Essie Cosmetics Ltd, created her fall line to compliment the warm browns and tweeds from this season’s runways:
“Brown is the new basic for fall. It’s replacing the black of yesteryear.”
The warmer shades are less severe and easier to wear than black but nails should still be kept short and neat to avoid looking witch-like.
My favorite hues for fall are Maybelline’s Salon Expert in ‘Iced Chocolate’ and Revlon Nail Enamel in ‘Autumn Berry’.
This is the first post for our new beauty blog! Stay tuned!
I am excited to show off some of the new stuff available at Well.ca!
Today (October 10, 2007) was an exciting day for us at Well.ca as we launched one of our biggest set of updates to our site.
Our first new feature is this blog. You can read our blog by clicking on the “Blog” link on the top of every page. Our well.ca/Beauty site has a separate blog that will contain news and articles that have to do with Beauty and Cosmetics. Stay Tuned!
Reviews and Ratings
This new feature is what’s got me the most excited. We’ve spent the last while designing an easy, friendly way for our community to share information about products. If you visit the home page of any product (such as this one), you’ll see a Review section like this:
You can use this as a way to give information about products you like (or dislike) or ask questions to other visitors.
AJAX Shopping Cart
One thing you may not notice is our new shopping cart. Now whenever you add products to your cart, you will see a spinning “Calculating…” wheel which indicates that your browser is dynamically recalculating the value of products in your shopping cart. All this happens without leaving the page, which makes shopping smoother, faster, and more fun. Try adding something to your cart right now to see what I am talking about :)
Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to making some new announcements soon with new features and ideas we have. As always, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to say hello!
This is the first posting in our new Well.ca Blog. This blog will be a place for us to update customers and friends about new features, sales, and announcements regarding Well.ca.