This year’s cold and flu season is different and requires special attention to protect you and your family. Here are some tips to help you safely navigate through the next few months:
- Wash your hands frequently
- If you have to sneeze, use a tissue or your sleeve
- Wear a mask when traveling on planes
- Stay home from school or work if you have a mild fever, cough, or sore throat
- Get the H1N1 flu shot – visit fightflu.ca to find a vaccination clinic near you
This guest post was contributed by Dr. Ana Florescu, who is currently an Internal Medicine resident at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto. Thanks Dr. Ana!
Also don’t forget to enter for a chance to win a free Well.ca cold and flu season kit. Contest registration closes October 31, just two days away, so sign up today :)
Beauty, like fashion, tends to go in cycles. One season it’s all about glowing, dewy skin; the next season bold lips are the focal point. Right now it’s all about the eyes, and full, lush lashes are the best way to show ‘em off!
Here are 3 tips for achieving covet-worthy lashes:
1. Mascara, mascara, mascara. There’s a lot of choice in the world of mascara , but to really narrow it down it helps to know what look you’re after. If you want thicker looking lashes make sure you get a volumizing mascara to help you pump up the volume. If long, separated lashes are what you’re after try a lengthening mascara to bring your lashes to new heights.
For volume try: CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara or L’Oreal Paris Extra Volume Collagen Mascara
For length try: Maybelline Define-a-Lash Lengthening & Defining Mascara or Maybelline Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Mascara
2. If you can’t make it, fake it! False lashes can give your lashes that extra oomph and are great to use for special occasions, or even every day if you’re daring. Individual lashes give you more control, but may be harder for beginners. You can also try partial lashes just to emphasize the outer corner of your eyes, or for the full shebang try a set of full lashes. Just make sure you use mascara to blend the falsies in with your real lashes for a flawless look.
For individual lashes try: Ardell Dura Lash Individual Lashes
For partial lashes try: Ardell Accent Lashes
For full lashes try: Duo Professional Lashes in Thin & Wispy
3. Make ‘em grow! Growth serums are quite possibly the newest innovation in the world of eyelashes. Now there are serums you can apply to your eyelashes every night that will help your lashes grow longer and fuller in as little as 4 weeks. Try RapidLash Eyelash Renewal Serum to see what all the fuss is about.