Looking for a gluten free recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than this Magically Moist Almond Cake!
MAKES: 8-12 SERVINGS | PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 25 MINUTES | PASSIVE TIME: 60 MINUTES
- 3/4 cup Butter soft
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Almond Extract
- 1-1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Frosting as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 8-inch round cake pan with parchment paper or oil and flour pan well; set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 7 – 10 minutes. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat until fully blended. Add milk and extracts and mix until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine Bob’s Red Mill Almond Meal/Flour, Organic Coconut Flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until creamy. Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth tops. Bake until set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
4. Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans and smooth tops. Bake until set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
5. Stack the cakes on top of each other with a generous layer of frosting between. Cover the top and edges with remaining frosting.