Annie’s Cheddar Mac is the answer to all those chemically orange coloured cheeses out there. They’ve taken the original Shells & White Cheddar and added a little colour to it, naturally! This totally natural cheese is coloured with a plant extract called annatto. Annatto has been used in tropical American cultures for generations to colour foods such as butter, cheese and mustard. The annatto tree grows 20 to 30 feet in height and when its seeds are stirred in water, they produce orange annatto dye, also called achiote, to colour foods. Annie’s Cheddar Macaroni and cheese is a great alternative for kids who need to have that “orange” cheese on their macaroni.
- Made with 100% Real Cheese
- Made With Organic Ingredients
- No Artificial Flavors, Synthetic Colors, or Preservatives
- Cheese from cows not treated with growth hormone rBST (no significant difference has been shown between milk derived from rBST-treated and non rBST-treated cows)
- They only work with trusted suppliers to source only non-GMO ingredients
organic wheat shell pasta, cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, non-animal enzymes), whey, butter, nonfat milk, salt, sodium phosphate, annatto extract for color. contains milk and wheat ingredients.
Made on shared equipment that also processes eggs and soy.