The Beco Gemini is a great all-purpose soft structured carrier for babies from newborn to about 18 months. It allows you to wear your baby from birth through toddlerhood in a single carrier. The Gemini is sleek, stylish and incredibly comfortable. A huge perk to the Beco Gemini is its ability to safely and comfortable hold your baby in a forward-facing position. Most forward-facing baby carriers don't support a baby's thighs, which puts all your baby's weight on the base of it's spine, compressing vertebrae with each step and bounce. Sleeping babies will definitely benefit from the high headrest in the Beco Gemini which comfortably cradles your baby's head eliminating neck discomfort.
The Beco Gemini is shorter and narrower in the body than the other carriers, and has no sleeping hood (just a headrest), so it's not ideal for use with toddlers, but it is a very good, comfortable, intuitive and easy-to-use carrier for newborns and younger babies.
- 4 in 1 baby carrier
- Newborn to toddler (7-35 lbs/3.5 - 16 kg)
- Front carry (facing in and facing out), back carry, and hip carry
- Great for nursing
- Direct contact intuitive baby carrier
- High quality tested materials
- Machine washable
- Instruction manual included
- Designed in California
- Responsibly made in China
- Shell: 100% Cotton
- Fill: 100% Polyurethane (body & shoulder foam), 100% polyethylene (waist foam)
- Flame retardants free
- Packaging: 100% recycled content, printed with soy based inks
- Does not require an infant insert
- Body 13" wide x 18.5" tall with head rest up, 14" tall with headrest folded
- Shoulder straps 23" (can be adjusted up to 22" LONGER for a total of 45")
- Waist belt 28"(size 0) can be adjusted up to 57"
- Weight capacity of the carrier: 7-35 lbs (3.5-16kg)
- Weight of the carrier: 1.5 lbs
- Foldable head rest
- Adjustable base for growing baby
- Instructional booklet
- Red Tricycle - Most Awesome Carrier - 2012/2013 Sleekest Slings & Baby Carriers
- Buyer's Guide
- iParenting Media
Similar Baby Carriers
Tasha: a few months ago
We moved from an Ergo to the Beco carrier for our 10 month old. This fabric is much cooler and has been great for the summer. The crossed back straps take the weight of my back so I can carry her for a long time. ( she is 20 lbs). The body of the carriers seems a bit short, I expect she will out grow the length before the weight. I wish the carrier came with a hood.
Arianne: about a year ago
This Beco Cool carrier is indeed MUCH cooler (compared to Moby wrap)!
Our LO is 4 weeks old and fits comfortably. Love that it properly supports his legs. Great back support. We can't wait to utilize front-facing, back-carry and hip-carry when LO is older.
The fasteners have a safety feature to unbuckle, there's a learning curve to it, but not impossible to do on your own!
Husband definitely prefers this carrier over our Moby. So far this carrier is a great investment!