The BIOS Compression Pump is a medical device that has been statistically proven to improve circulation and alleviate the sumptoms associated with chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) including swollen legs, varicose veins and post thrombotic syndrome (PTS).
How the BIOS compression pump works:
- The pump is applied to the back of the calf, and mimics the body's venous system by preventing blood from remaining still and clotting
- The BIOS compression pump is unique because it is lightweight (250 g), and allows patients to remain completely mobile
- There are no wires, tubes or sleeves
- Patients can comfortably wear the compression pump for hours at a time
- Alleviates swollen, sore legs, ankles and feet(PTS - Post Thrombotic Syndrome)
- Prevents blood clots (Deep Vein Thrombosis)
- Treats cramping, burning and tired calves (Intermittent Claudication and Peripheral Arterial Disease)
- Improves symptoms of varicose veins
- Treatment of chronic venous insufficiency
- Long journeys syndrome (Economy Class Syndrome)
- Reduces Recovery Time After Exercise
- 64% increase in popliteal peak venous flow after 2 minutes of use
- 88% increse in popliteal peak venous flow after 50 minutes of use
- 79% decrease in the occurrence of Venous Thromboembolism in high risk patients.