Getting a sufficient amount of this vitamin is important for normal growth and development of bones and teeth, as well as improved resistance against certain diseases. If your body doesn’t get enough vitamin D, you’re at risk of developing bone abnormalities such as osteomalacia (soft bones) or osteoporosis (fragile bones). However, getting enough from sun exposure has become challenging as people cover-up when going outside in the summer or wear sunblock to minimize the harmful effects of excessive sun exposure. Since most food is a poor source of vitamin D, supplementation is not only ideal, but in most cases, absolutely essential.
Recommended Vitamin D3 intake by The Institute of Medicine (IOM):
- children and teens: 600 IU
- adults up to age 70: 600 IU
- adults over age 70: 800 IU
- pregnant or breastfeeding women: 600 IU
- Formulated with cholecalciferol the most desirable form of Vitamin D3
- 2.5 mcg of Vitamin K2 per drop promotes the construction of healthy bones
- Vitamin K2 from MK-7, the only Canadian vitamin K2 free from the synthetic anti-foaming chemical
Each drop (0.05 mL) contains:
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)......................12.5 mcg (500 IU)
Vitamin K2 (MK-7 from Bacillus subtilis natto).............3 mcg
Non-medicinal Ingredients: Grape seed oil, sunflower oil.
QUALITY, PURITY AND POTENCY GUARANTEED.
Free from wheat, nuts, peanuts, starch, sugar, dairy, corn, eggs, fish, shellfish, yeast, GMO, artificial colours, flavours and preservatives.
Warnings: Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if taking blood thinners.
Cautions: Do not use if the seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool dry place to preserve freshness.