Directions: Nelson Naturals recommends using this product at least 3-4 times a week as a effective treatment to help keep your smile healthy and bright! Use as normal toothpaste.
Full Ingredients List and Uses:
- Calcium Carbonate: A fine chalk that occurs naturally, and is used as a mild abrasive that whitens and polishes teeth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, it is well known for cleaning and whitening teeth because it acts as a mild abrasive. It has no known toxicity or carcinogenicity.
- Activated Charcoal: Well known for its detoxifying properties, Activated Charcoal can also help to whiten your smile.
- Colloidal Silver: Considered by many experts to be the best natural antibiotic ever discovered, Nelson Naturals produces colloidal silver to enhance the natural benefits of their toothpaste. Not only does colloidal silver combat against harmful bacteria and pathogens in the mouth, but it also aids in healing which lowers the risk of these bacteria and pathogens entering the bloodstream orally.
- Sea Salt: Sea salt has been used in the field of oral hygiene for thousands of years and modern science reaffirms its role as an anti-bacterial agent which helps prevent gingivitis, bad breath, and even eases pain and aids healing.
- Xylitol: Used for its dental benefits and natural sweetness. Though xylitol can be derived from corn, at Nelson Naturals they only use xylitol that has been derived from North American grown birch trees. Xylitol helps to restore a proper pH balance to the mouth which creates an environment that is inhospitable to harmful bacteria’s that lead to many dental problems, such as tooth decay and gum disease. Consistent use of small amounts of xylitol has also been shown to enhance the protective factors of saliva by keeping the salivary minerals in a useful form, which can enhance the remineralization of the enamel.
- Castile Soap: Helps create a familiar foaming action that enhances the overall cleaning properties of the toothpaste. Nelson Naturals uses organic and fair trade soaps.
- Natural Flavoring: All of their toothpaste is flavored by 100% pure, natural extract.
- Trace minerals: Nelson Naturals includes trace minerals to enhance the remineralizing effect of their toothpaste. The other ingredients in this toothpaste create an environment in the mouth which allows the teeth to make use of these trace minerals.
Natural, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Toxin Free
Similar Teeth Whitening
Other Nelson Naturals Products
Victoria: a few months ago
I really liked that toothpaste. I didn't notice a color change yet because it's still early, but it seems like it might do something long term. The taste doesn't bother me at all, and while a bit staining to brush your teeth with something black, it's easy to wash and no problem at all.
Ryan: a few months ago
I quite like it, though it can be *very* messy. One has to be very careful when using it. I can't yet attest to its whitening properties, but my parents used to brush solely with charcoal when they were kids, and my mom has the whitest teeth in my family. The claim about colloidal silver being "considered by many experts to be the best natural antibiotic ever discovered" is highly dubious and misleading, however. Most studies show that colloidal silver may be more snake oil than effective health product. So, for those who are looking for an oral hygiene product with proven antibacterial properties, I highly recommend doing a bit of research first (and not just accepting the wild claims of certain "health" websites like Dr. Axe and similar ones).
One thing I have noticed is that my teeth stay feeling clean for much longer. It could be due to the additional abrasiveness of the charcoal and other agents, or that I'm just brushing for longer and more diligently.
Cynthia: a few months ago
Amazing! Wish I'd tried it sooner. Worth the money. My teeth were whiter and my gums were healthier within weeks. I don't mind the taste - but best of all it's fun to use! If you have a partner with a sense of humour the charcoal toothpaste smile is actually a hilarious way to end the day by making silly faces at each other
Megan: a few months ago
I haven't been using this toothpaste on a super regular basis yet, so I haven't noticed any major whitening effects. It really leaves my mouth feeling clean, though. A strong baking soda taste. If you don't like the taste of baking soda, or arm and hammer toothpaste, you probably won't like this one. I don't mind it, though.
Mandy: a few months ago
It works so well but it tastes absolutely horrible! It made me gag and I am not sensitive in that way at all. I added a few drops of peppermint essential oil to make it more palatable and it's a bit better now. Perhaps this is something Nelson should consider? Honestly... it tastes so bad! Lol
I am even curious if I maybe got a bad batch? I'm still giving it 4 stars because it works really well, but that one star loss is definitely for the taste. Ugh! 🤢😬