Did you know that four out of five Canadians over the age of 20 have at least one risk factor for heart disease or stroke? Fortunately, Cardio Omega-3 makes it easy to take control of your cardiovascular health. Containing DHA and EPA, Cardio Omega-3 protects your cardiovascular system while reducing the risk factors for developing various forms of heart disease.
Benefits of Cardio Omega-3:
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Protects the cardiovascular system
- Reduces the risk factors for developing various forms of heart disease
- Aids in lowering blood pressure
- Lowers the “bad” LDL Cholesterol
- Raises the “good” HDL cholesterol
- Contributes to the prevention of atherosclerosis
- Pharmaceutical grade and molecularly distilled
- No fishy aftertaste
The human body cannot make Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and that is why they need to be consumed through diet. The essential sources available for consumption are marine or plant sources. Fish oil contains both docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), while plant sources contain primarily alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). A recent systematic review of randomized controlled trials found that consumption of EPA and DHA from fish or fish oil supplements, benefit cardiovascular disease. EPA and DHA can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease by:
- Preventing arrhythmias that can lead to sudden cardiac death
- Decreasing the risk of thrombosis (a clot) that can lead to myocardial infarction (MI) or stroke
- Decreasing serum triglyceride levels
- Lowering blood pressure
- Decreasing inflammation
- Reducing the incidence of cardiac events and mortality in patients with existing heart disease
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Rosemary extract, natural lemon flavour, mixed tocopherols (vitamin e), gelatin, glycerin, purified water.
Formulated without gluten, dairy, corn, yeast, soy, artificial colour or preservatives.