Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimising the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
Benefits of Mepilex Border
- Minimises pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Self-adherent - no secondary fixation needed
- Shower proof
- Can be used under compression bandages
- Promotes patient comfort during wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Similar Bandages & Dressings
Judy: more than a year ago
Comfortable and easy to apply. Protects the wound well. Although it claims to be water proof, it is only shower proof, not swim proof. Could leave it on for 2-3 days, but found when taking it off, the pad stuck to the wound and pulled off the scab. Would still use them, but not while swimming.