Directions: Nelson Naturals recommends using this product at least 3-4 times a week as a effective treatment to help keep your smile healthy and bright! Use as normal toothpaste.
Full Ingredients List and Uses:
- Calcium Carbonate: A fine chalk that occurs naturally, and is used as a mild abrasive that whitens and polishes teeth.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Also known as baking soda, it is well known for cleaning and whitening teeth because it acts as a mild abrasive. It has no known toxicity or carcinogenicity.
- Activated Charcoal: Well known for its detoxifying properties, Activated Charcoal can also help to whiten your smile.
- Colloidal Silver: Considered by many experts to be the best natural antibiotic ever discovered, Nelson Naturals produces colloidal silver to enhance the natural benefits of their toothpaste. Not only does colloidal silver combat against harmful bacteria and pathogens in the mouth, but it also aids in healing which lowers the risk of these bacteria and pathogens entering the bloodstream orally.
- Sea Salt: Sea salt has been used in the field of oral hygiene for thousands of years and modern science reaffirms its role as an anti-bacterial agent which helps prevent gingivitis, bad breath, and even eases pain and aids healing.
- Xylitol: Used for its dental benefits and natural sweetness. Though xylitol can be derived from corn, at Nelson Naturals they only use xylitol that has been derived from North American grown birch trees. Xylitol helps to restore a proper pH balance to the mouth which creates an environment that is inhospitable to harmful bacteria’s that lead to many dental problems, such as tooth decay and gum disease. Consistent use of small amounts of xylitol has also been shown to enhance the protective factors of saliva by keeping the salivary minerals in a useful form, which can enhance the remineralization of the enamel.
- Castile Soap: Helps create a familiar foaming action that enhances the overall cleaning properties of the toothpaste. Nelson Naturals uses organic and fair trade soaps.
- Natural Flavoring: All of their toothpaste is flavored by 100% pure, natural extract.
- Trace minerals: Nelson Naturals includes trace minerals to enhance the remineralizing effect of their toothpaste. The other ingredients in this toothpaste create an environment in the mouth which allows the teeth to make use of these trace minerals.
Natural, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free, Toxin Free
Similar Teeth Whitening
Other Nelson Naturals Products
Lindsay: a couple of weeks ago
I like that this toothpaste doesn't foam. I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I think my teeth are a touch whiter.
It does have a strong baking soda aftertaste, and it can get quite messy!
I agree that it's not that practical. A tube or pump would make it much easier to use.
Kathy B.: a few months ago
I suggest this: Don't do it in your own house, do it in someone else's so they can clean up the mess. I tried this charcoal toothpaste and there was black mess everywhere, on my T-shirt, on the counter, on the sink, on the faucet, and it stained my toothbrush black as well as my T-shirt (black spots) and the marble counter around my sink. I'm still not sure if my teeth are actually whiter or if it is just seeing the contrast after washing the black off my teeth. It tastes mildly of peppermint, so that was a relief, I thought it was going to taste terrible. I'm glad I got the small jar because I'm not sure this works. I see all the five star positive reviews....which is why I bought this. I'll try it a bit longer, but as I said, I think my teeth looked whiter because of the contrast between black charcoal-covered teeth and my white natural teeth colour.