This sweet, minty oil offers a softer, more gentle energy than its botanical cousin peppermint. You can blend spearmint oil with lavender oil to make a calming children’s bath.
To see recipes featuring Aura Cacia Geranium Essential Oil to make your own natural outdoor lotions see our blog post on The Well.
Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
Ingredients: Mentha spicata (spearmint) oil
- Color: Pale yellow to colorless
- Viscosity: Mobile
- Top Note: Very fresh, sweet, minty, green, weedy
- Middle Note: Strong, warm, minty-weedy, sweet
- Dry Note: Warm, minty
- Aromatherapy Actions: Cooling, gently vitalizing, refreshing.
- Safety Data: Non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing.
Similar Essential Oils
Other Aura Cacia Products
Dani: about a year ago
Love this oil. Aura Cacia's spearmint is beautiful. Very potent but so mild and comforting in it's applications. I once used this instead of peppermint in a homemade lip balm and it turned out beautifully. You aren't "slammed" with a mint or the tingling that sometimes goes along with peppermint, but the scent was beautiful, juicy and took me back to being a kid and chewing old-fashioned spearmint gum. It is very soothing and helps with mood and clarity.