Wild chamomile is not a true chamomile, but shares chamomile’s soothing qualities and is ideal for sensitive skin care applications. Its fresh, herbaceous aroma helps balance the changes that take place during menopause.
Aura Cacia's wild chamomile truly is wild--wild-crafted in Morocco, that is! Wild-crafting is heavily regulated by the government in Morocco to protect the long-term sustainability of wild-crafted botanicals. The harvest occurs in May and June and the collected product is almost immediately steam distilled. The spent material from the distillation process is provided to local farmers for fertilizer.
Botanical Name: Ormenis multicaulis
Ingredients: Ormenis multicaulis (wild chamomile) oil
- Color: Pale-yellow to brownish-yellow, olive
- Viscosity: Mobile
- Top Note: Fresh-herbaceous
- Middle Note: Sweet with a rich-balsamic undertone
- Dry Note: Sweet, dry-herbaceous
- Aromatherapy Actions: Soothing, nurturing, relaxing
- Safety Data: Non-toxic, non-irritant.