The Beco Gemini is shorter and narrower in the body than the other carriers, and has no sleeping hood (just a headrest), so it's not ideal for use with toddlers, but it is a very good, comfortable, intuitive and easy-to-use carrier for newborns and younger babies.
- 4 in 1 baby carrier
- Newborn to toddler (7-35 lbs/3.5 - 16 kg)
- Front carry (facing in and facing out), back carry, and hip carry
- Great for nursing
- Direct contact intuitive baby carrier
- High quality tested materials
- Machine washable
- Instruction manual included
- Designed in California
- Responsibly made in China
- Shell: 100% Cotton
- Fill: 100% Polyurethane (body & shoulder foam), 100% polyethylene (waist foam)
- Flame retardants free
- Packaging: 100% recycled content, printed with soy based inks
- Does not require an infant insert
- Body 13" wide x 18.5" tall with head rest up, 14" tall with headrest folded
- Shoulder straps 23" (can be adjusted up to 22" LONGER for a total of 45")
- Waist belt 28"(size 0) can be adjusted up to 57"
- Weight capacity of the carrier: 7-35 lbs (3.5-16kg)
- Weight of the carrier: 1.5 lbs
- Foldable head rest
- Adjustable base for growing baby
- Instructional booklet
- Red Tricycle - Most Awesome Carrier - 2012/2013 Sleekest Slings & Baby Carriers
- Buyer's Guide
- iParenting Media
Similar Baby Carriers
Other Beco Baby Carrier Products
Kimberly: more than a year ago
We can over 6+ hours in this. I ditched the umbrella stroller and always use this! Once fit correctly, it feels like a backpack. We bought it for the forward facing and BF option but I love the backpack carry and ND bubs loves to snuggle close into my chest on colder days. It's way more convenient then lugging the stroller down the stairs with a baby and dog in tow then walking with the dog beside the stroller. We're not limited anymore to where we can go. I do wish that the head support went lower when placed down - it lines up to bubs mouth which can be annoying when he's front facing. My son is 22lbs, over 2 ft, 9 months and feels like a feather plus chores can get done now without a crying fit. Also! It does have a phone/cards pocket or doggy bag holder as we use it. Aha.
Erin: more than a year ago
I absolutely love this carrier! It's extremely lightweight, comfortable, and secure. I will say that although it is very safe for a newborn, it is too tall for my daughter even at 5 weeks (9+ lbs and 22" long), so I have to sit her on a rolled up receiving blanket even with the top snapped down or her head is several inches below the top. That would be the case for pretty well any SSC though, and the fact that she sits safely without an infant insert is huge for her comfort in the summer heat. Gorgeous print, too!