Suitable for ages 3 years and up. Contains small parts.
Extension Activities (More Ways to Play and Learn):
- Ask the child to dress Abby & Emma, and then tell you a story about where they are going and what they will be doing.
- Ask the child to count the number of shoes or other articles of clothing contained in the set.
- Trace the pieces on paper and let the child color them. Assist in cutting out the new outfits that can be temporarily affixed to the existing pieces.
- Place four or more pieces in front of the child. Let her study the pieces before asking her to close her eyes while you remove one piece. Ask her to identify which piece was removed.
- Identify a specific outfit that Abby or Emma should wear, and have the child find it. For example, "Put a green shirt and pink pants on Emma."
Similar Indoor Play
Other Melissa & Doug Products
Ashley: more than a year ago
The usually Melissa-and-Doug problem here: Storage.
Briana is right, the product doesn't come with a lid when my daughter was 3 the pieces would be everywhere. There's no lid so you really have to lay it out somewhere and storing it sideways on a shelf or laying it in a toybox is not an option. It's restrictive. For years we tidied her room and didn't know what to do with it. It's a real issue.
Eventually I put all the pieces in a bin and we now used the wooden box to organize hair bushes and accessories.
Seems like a minor issues, but it was such an annoyance for so long, I feel the 2 stars are wholly deserved.