Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Suitable for ages 9 months old and up.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Lay the case in front of the child and guide the child's hand to lift and crinkle one of the flaps. Allow the child to explore the flaps on his or her own.
- With all the pieces inside, hold the case by the handle and shake it gently to make a rattling sound. Guide the child's hand to grasp and shake the handle.
- Place the shape blocks on the floor in front of the child. Encourage the child to pick up a block. Challenge the child to pick up a second block in the other hand and knock the two blocks together.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors of the shape blocks. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to the block of that color.
- Encourage the child to grasp the dog zipper pull and help the child to slide it from side to side, moving the zipper back and forth.
- Divide the blocks into three groups of three, and count each group aloud. Help the child point to each piece as you count it.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Hand the child one of the blocks and ask the child to match it to one of the flap pictures. Say the shape name aloud.
- Encourage the child to place the shape blocks into the shape-sorter frame.
- Identify the pictures and shapes on the flap side of the box. Ask the child to point to each picture as you name it.
Similar Baby Toys
carie: a few months ago
Bought this is a plane toy for my 1 year old. He wasn't interested in it then. Now he is 14 months old and will try to put a shape through the hole, if I show him how and he likes take it out and put it back in over and over. He cannot open it on his own and gets frustrated when the shape wont go due to another shape being under it. All in all, I think it will be a good toy for him as he gets older.
Tereza: about a year ago
This product is great! I bought it for my 6 month old daughter who loves playing with box, the sound flaps and even the shapes. My 2 month old nephew also loves playing with it and putting the shapes through the holes. This toy will be great for years to come and is nice and compact
Virginia: about a year ago
I have purchased as a gift for one of the 4 babies joining our family in 2017. I am a big fan of Melissa & Doug products because they are durable, colourful and have both a fun and educational factor. I'm sure that both the parents and baby will both appreciate & enjoy this gift.
Eli: more than a year ago
My 18 month old daughter loves this shape sorter. I love the fact that it's so portable and that the container is soft. I'm amazed that after months of using it we haven't lost a single shape, and I think having the zipper help. The only con is that it's pretty flat so fairly often she might have some trouble pushing the shape through if there's another shape underneath it. Also, either the star or triangle shape fits through the circle opening which is mildly annoying.