Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child fill in the calendar details in the blue panel. Talk about the names for the day, date, months, and year as you identify the proper tiles and put each one in its place.
- Ask the child to look, listen, and feel to make observations about the day's weather.
- Ask the child to slide the arrow marker to record the temperature and place one or more tiles to describe the weather. Identify the season as well, talking about how the day's weather relates to it.
- Talk about the different activities planned for the day or any special holidays, and help the child find one or more tiles for the activities area.
- Look at the different emotions tiles and ask the child to identify the face that matches the way he or she is feeling today. Or offer the child a dry-erase marker to draw a face on the blank yellow circle to match his or her mood.
- Use the blank rectangular tile to create your own holidays, activities, or weather descriptions using a dry-erase marker. Then wipe away the writing to use it again!
Suitable for ages 3 years old and up.