Suitable for ages 3 years and up.
Extension Activities (More Ways to Play and Learn):
- Ask the child to identify each food item, and to count them (9).
- Ask the child to identify which items belong in the refrigerator, and which belong in the freezer. Ask the child to identify letters of the alphabet on the food items.
- Ask the child to identify shapes found on each food item. (rectangles, circles, triangles, etc.)
- Ask the child to identify colors found on each food item. (red, green, yellow, etc.)
- Ask the child to prepare a make-believe meal using the Fridge Food items.
- Play "store" and ask the child to fill your grocery order.
- Ask the child to stack the Fridge Food items as high as he/she can before they topple.
Similar Imaginative Play
Other Melissa & Doug Products
Kathryn: more than a year ago
I cannot say enough good things about these fridge products, or anything by Melissa & Doug. These are made of solid wood, they are painted well, and are great for learning and imaginary play. My daughter is 18 months and loves these. We also have the M & D fruits, vegetables, and pantry products. I highly recommend them!