Melissa & Doug Wooden Play Slice and Bake Cookie Set
Description & Features
Extension Activities (More Ways to Play and Learn):
- Ask the child to sort the cookie toppings into four similar groups and identify the colors on each topping.
- Ask the child to make cookies to order. For example, you might request a cookie with chocolate icing on top, or two cookies with sprinkles on top.
- Ask the child to slice the cookie dough into 12 cookies, counting aloud. Now ask the child to place a cookie topping on each cookie, counting to 12 once again.
- Ask the child to count the candy circles on one cookie topping. Ask the child to count the candy circles on two cookie toppings, then on three cookie toppings. When the child is able to count all nine candy circles, ask the child to count sprinkles by color, one cookie topping at a time.
- Ask the child to prepare four or more cookies with different cookie toppings. Ask the child to study the cookies, then to close his/her eyes. Remove and conceal one of the four cookies. Ask the child to describe the missing cookie.
- Ask the child to tell a story about the cookies he/she is baking. Is there a special party, holiday or event they will be used for?