There are certainly steps that you can take to help reduce the chances.
1. Make sure that you don't leave your baby in a wet or dirty diaper for a prolonged period
2. Keep your eyes on areas where the diaper maybe rubbing.
3. Some brands of diapers have potential for more irritants.
4. Take preventative steps, like applying diaper rash.
From being the first company to produce a 100% BPA free baby bottle to their award-winning sun care line, Thinkbaby has a long history of building safe, non-toxic products for babies to athletes (Thinksport). Their mineral based diaper rash furthers their movement into baby body care with an ingredient list made up of natural and organic ingredients.
During the process of designing products, they search and select based on ingredients which pose the least potential for allergenic response or biological harm. This doesn't mean they advocate anyone eating the diaper rash ointment. On that note, please make sure to keep all body care products out of reach of children.
Thinkbaby Diaper Rash Ointment is great at soothing skin and designed to help prevent diaper rash. The product is unscented and should be applied to dry skin for best protection. As with all of their products, they do not conduct any sort of animal testing and all products are Leaping Bunny certified.
- Helps treat and prevent diaper rash
- Protects chafed skin due to diaper rash and helps seal out wetness
- Change wet and soiled diapers promptly
- Cleanse the diaper area
- Allow to dry or pat the area dry with soft towel. WebMD suggests using water unless the diaper was soiled then use a very mild cleanser
- Apply cream liberally as often as necessary, with each diaper change, especially at bedtime or any time exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged.
- For particularly bad rashes, you might also consider allowing your child to go diaper free for some period to allow for faster healing
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: NON NANO ZINC OXIDE 14%
INGREDIENTS: HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL* (1), RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL (1),CERA ALBA (BEESWAX)* (1), COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL* (1), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) OIL* (1), BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER* (1), TOCOPHEROL (1) *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT(S)
- For external use only
- When using this product do not get in eyes
- Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.