Benefits & Recommended for:
- The cynarin, caffeic acid and chlorogenic acid content of artichoke is useful in cases of general digestive problems called dyspepsia.
- The effect of artichoke on bile secretion can help in cases of liver disorders or bile insufficiency (a lack of bile to properly digest fats).
- Artichoke promotes overall digestion.
- Note: In case of liver disorders, it is recommended that you combine artichoke with the other main hepatobiliary plants, for optimal benefits: black radish, boldo and milk thistle.
Precautions & Adverse Effects:
- Do not use if you have a bile obstruction or if you are allergic to the daisy (Asteraceae/Compositae) family.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or have gallstones.
- Hypersensitivity (an allergy) has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.
Adults: Take 4 capsules daily, with a meal.