Benefits & Recommended for:
- When taken at the onset of symptoms, Echinacea contributes to reducing the severity and duration of the symptoms of colds and flus. The key is to have it on hand when a cold strikes.
- Echinacea is particularly useful for respiratory infections accompanied by sore throat, cough, nasal congestion or runny nose, but the herbal tradition also uses it to keep the immune system in "alert mode" to prevent illness.
- Note: Echinacea is viewed as an immunostimulant, which makes it great as a preventive measure when the body is under stress or under extreme conditions, which may weaken the immune system.
Precautions & Adverse Effects:
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or if you are allergic to plants of the daisy (Asteraceae/Compositae) family.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking immunosuppressants, if you have a progressive systemic disease such as tuberculosis, leukosis, collagenosis or multiple sclerosis.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Hypersensitivity (allergy) has been known to occur, in which case, discontinue use.
Adults and adolescents 15 years and older: Take 4-8 capsules daily, as needed.
Adolescents 10-14 years old: Take 2-6 capsules daily, as needed.
Children 5-9 years old: Take 1-4 capsules daily, as needed.
Children 2-4 years old: Take 1-2 capsules daily, as needed.
Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.