Benefits & Recommended for:
- Melatonin helps relieve daytime fatigue due to a lack of deep sleep
- Helps the body's sleep-wake cycle
- Helps increase the total sleep time in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedules (e.g. shift-work and jet lag)
- Helps to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep in people with delayed sleep phase syndrome
- Helps relieve the daytime fatigue associated with jet lag
Precautions & Adverse Effects:
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you are taking immunosuppressive drugs.
- Do not drive or use machinery for 5 hours after taking melatonin.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner for use beyond 4 weeks or if symptoms persist continuously for more than 4 weeks (chronic insomnia).
- Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have a hormonal disorder, diabetes, liver or kidney diseases, cerebral palsy, seizure disorders, migraine, depression and/or hypertension, or if you are taking blood pressure or sedative/hypnotic medications.
Adults: Take 1 to 3 ml at bedtime, diluted in half a glass of water or fruit juice.