Benefits & Recommended for:
- Tendency towards hypertension, platelet aggregation, high blood cholesterol and low HDL cholesterol
- Garlic is known for its antiseptic and bactericidal properties
- Garlic is often recommended for the following illnesses: cough, cold, flu, catarrh, bronchial congestion
- Garlic is also an excellent vermifuge and intestinal antiseptic
Good to know: These softgel capsules contain an oil that can be extracted by piercing the softgel with a needle. This is an alternative for people that have difficulty swallowing the softgel or for people who wish to apply the oil on the skin. Use immediately after piercing the softgel because garlic components will rapidly activate and degrade in contact with air, also generating a strong garlic smell.
Precautions & Adverse Effects:
- For prolonged use, consult a healthcare practitioner.
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have pemphigus or prior to surgery.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you are taking blood thinners, EPA in fish oil or cholesterol-lowering medication.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have a blood clotting disorder or diabetes.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner if heartburn, flatulence and gastrointestinal irritation persist.
Adults: Take 1 to 2 softgels daily, at different meals.