Britax is the only child car seat brand that features world-class SafeCell Impact Protection. This integrated system of safety components provides unmatched protection for your child. These features include a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement during a crash. Britax designed the Frontier ClickTight with not 1, but 2, strong layers of side energy absorption. A deep foam-lined shell and quick-adjust head protection shield your child from side impacts.
Harness-2-booster seats play double duty by offering 2 seating modes. Harness mode is for holding smaller children starting at 25 lbs and up to 65 lbs. Then the seat can transition into a traditional booster once your big kid is ready. These transitions are easy and don’t require you to unthread the harness. Simply tuck the straps into the interior of the seat. The Frontier ClickTight was developed to safely and comfortably hold your child from preschool through the elementary school years. The easy-adjust harness grows along with your child with 9 different positions. Change the height of the seat with just the push of a button.
- 2 layers of side protection formed by a deep foam-lined shell and quick-adjust head protection.
- Impact-absorbing base compresses to reduce the rough force of a collision.
- Impact-stabilizing steel frame offers superior strength where you need it most: at the connection point to the vehicle.
- V-shaped tether minimizes seat rotation with a unique two-strap design.
- Britax-patented staged-release stitches slow the seat’s forward movement during a crash.
- Impact-absorbing harness pads slow your child’s forward movement during a crash.
- Compatible with SecureGuard Clip (sold separately) to keep proper seatbelt alignment over hips and prevent children from sliding under the seatbelt in booster mode.
- Aircraft travel-certified when in harness mode.
- Proudly engineered, tested and made in the USA with global components for top safety and quality.
- ClickTight Installation System makes safe installation as simple as buckling a seat belt.
- Easy-on/off lower anchors for an alternative installation method.
- Hassle-free transition from harness to booster mode by tucking away straps in the seat.
- Easy-buckle system keeps buckles and straps out of your way when positioning your child.
- Easy-remove cover pulls free of the car seat for cleaning without having to remove the harness.
- Cup holders and storage for drinks, food and toys.
- No-rethread 9-position harness quickly adjusts with the push of a button as your child grows.
- Quick-adjust 2-position buckle easily moves outward as your child gets bigger.
- Multiple-position recline allows your child to relax in comfort.
- Plush memory foam padding for premium comfort.
- Child Weight-Forward Facing Harness: 2 years, 25 lbs - 65 lbs
- Child Weight-Booster: 40 - 120 lbs
- Child Standing Height-Forward Facing Harness 30 - 58"
- Child Standing Height-Booster: 45 - 62"
- Child Seated Shoulder Height: Forward Facing Harness 12.5 - 20.5"
- Child Seated Shoulder Height: Booster 15 - 23"
- Product Weight: 25 lbs
- Product Dimensions-Harness Minimum: 19" W x 28" H x 21" D
- Product Dimensions-Harness Maximum: 19" W x 36" H x 21" D
- Product Dimensions-Booster Minimum: 19" W x 28" H x 21" D
- Product Dimensions-Booster Maximum: 19" W x 36" H x 21" D
- Seating Compartment Height: 23.5"
- Seat Area Depth/Width: 13.5" / 12"
- Shoulder Width: 15.5"
- Harness Slot Heights: 12.5" / 13.5" / 14.5" / 15.5" / 16.5" / 17.5" / 18.5" / 19.5" / 20.5"
- Buckle Strap Depths: 7.0" / 9.0"
We're sorry! This item is exempt from samples.
Similar Car Seats & Booster Seats
Other Britax Products
Rachelle: a few months ago
Upgraded to this seat for my 4 year-old who had been using the Britax Boulevard 65 G3 previously (his little sister inherited it).
-- I love the fun pattern on the fabric and the feel of the fabric and padding is really durable.
-- This is my first ClickTight experience and I'd never go back. It's so fast and easy and no more pulling on the click straps to make sure it's secure, the ClickTight does the hard work for you!
-- Also, if you enjoy cup holders, you'll enjoy this seat! Before having them, it was a struggle for me to have to pass my son's cup back and forth whenever he wanted a drink (we don't have cup holders within his reach in the back seat). The cup holders also have an additional cut out that can hold various toys, snacks, cups with handles, etc. I love it!
Kari: a few months ago
My number one reason for choosing Britax is for their safety features, but I chose this particular seat because of the Clicktight! IT IS THE BEST INVENTION EVER! Even if you don't transfer car seats between cars on a regular basis, the Clicktight is a handy feature. It reduces the installation-pain-in-the-butt factor by 100%. Definitely worth the higher price tag.
My 3 year old says this seat is very comfortable and he willingly gets into it by himself. I've read other reviews which state that the straps aren't long enough, but let me tell you: this seat's straps are long enough to dangle below the seat once pulled out all the way. So unless you're trying to secure a 6 foot man, these straps are more than adequate.
Very easy to install, plush fabric and padding, and the fabric's pattern is as pictured. The arm rests are great and I love that the seat reclines a bit so that my son's neck isn't kinked when he falls asleep in it. Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again.