Enjoy as a snack or with healthy food! Usually eaten raw, mixed in muesli, yogurt, or as a nut substitute. Beneficial when mixed with baby and children’s food for healthy growth. Powdered form can be blended into morning smoothies. 2 tsp recommended daily for full advantage of benefits.
Benefits of Certified Organic Tigernuts:
- Nature’s richest source of FIBRE
- Curbs the appetite (due to high fibre content)
- Rich in phosphorous, potassium and Vit E and C
- Positive effect on cholesterol levels due to high Vit E content
- Gluten Free and naturally sweet tasting
- Suitable for diabetics
- Suitable nut alternative
- Helps to maintain a healthy colon
- Supports the heart and activates blood circulation
- Regenerating food for the nervous system
- Performance-enhancing as a high source of energy for work, school and exercise
- Valuable source of easily digested protein, carbohydrates and essential iron
- Provides high quality fats, with a particularly high oleic acid content
Ingredients: Certified Organic Tigernuts (they are small tubers and not actual nuts).
Similar Dried Fruit, Vegetables, Nuts & Seeds
Other Ecoideas Products
Charles: about a year ago
I bought a bag of tiger nuts to try because I was intrigued by their nutritional benefits. I was not disappointed. They make a tasty snack and are very satisfying. A little goes a long way. They are kind of tough out of the bag so I soak them overnight in water before eating them. I also grind them and add them to my daily oatmeal and yogurt. Delicious!
Darlene: about a year ago
Different for sure, tasty fresh right out of the bag. Tasted like hazelnuts, and creamy, thou hard to swallow. The pulp got stuck in our throats. So we soaked them in water for two days,. Then they were super crunchy, tasted like coconut and were way easier to swallow. Knowing how healthy they are for a snack makes them a for sure in the future. Well worth the bucks for a good flavour and a healthy snack. The fibre is just a bonus. They are better soaked,. Will buy again..
Heather: more than a year ago
I tried this product because of the vitamins and minerals and high fibre. It was recommended by the EARTH DIET book. I find the taste kind of walnutty and very they are chewy. A nice evening or late afternoon snack because they are filling because of the fibre and chewy. They are NOT NUTS and we can have them in our nut allergy home.