Ready … set … code! When kids connect the segments—in tons of different ways—to make Code-A-Pillar move left, then right, then forward, or wherever-- that’s sequencing! When they figure out a sequence that will create a path for Code-A-Pillar to reach a target, that’s programming (and problem solving, too)! It’s all coding—and it’s all fun!
Code-A-Pillar is one of the new learning toys from Fisher-Price that goes beyond ABCs and 123s to help children learn how to think independently. Each toy fosters 21st century skills like curiosity, experimentation and problem-solving in ways kids haven’t seen before. They’re engaged in hands-on open-ended discovery that helps them become lifelong learners.
- 9 segments, endless combinations!
- Kids connect the segments to make Code-a-Pillar go forward, left, right or wherever they choose
- Each segment lights up as the action happens!
- Motorized head segment features lights, sounds and blinking eyes to bring Code-a-Pillar to life!
- Can you reach the target? Challenge kids to configure the segments so Code-a-Pillar can get to the targets
- Includes 9 easy-to-connect segments, motorized head segment, and 3 targets
- Helps develop skills like sequencing, critical thinking, reasoning, discovery, memory, problem-solving and experimentation
- Gives fine motor skills a good workout
- Kids discover that their actions make things happen (also known as cause & effect)!
Code-a-Pillar Expansion Packs are available and sold separately. Expansion sets include the Basic Pack, Master Moves, and Silly Sounds & Lights.
Similar Educational Toys
Other Fisher-Price Products
Brigette: a couple of weeks ago
My kids played with this at our public library. Lots of fun and a great learning tool. Teaches the very basics of coding as well as hands on problem solving. My 2 year old enjoyed it as much as my 5 year old. I think it would see good extended play for kids from 18 mths up til 6 years maybe 7. Older than that they will figure it all out too quickly and be done with it after the first day or so.
Overall, very cool toy.