- An antioxidant for the maintenance of good health
- Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins and provides support for healthy glucose metabolism
- Helps to produce and repair connective tissue
- Helps to prevent iodine, selenium, chromium and molybdenum deficiencies
- Delicious natural orange flavour Colloidal Multi Mins Liquid is a great tasting, vegan friendly combination of vitamin C and twelve minerals.
Research demonstrates that vitamin C interacts with certain minerals, promoting iron absorption and storage for red blood cell formation, and increasing the use of the antioxidant selenium. Vitamin C is the most efficient aqueous antioxidant in the plasma, interstitial fluid and soluble compartment of cells. As the first line of defense in these areas, vitamin C prevents free radical damage to DNA, and helps vitamin E protect against oxidative damage in lipid membranes. Vitamin C is involved in fat metabolism through its role in carnitine synthesis, which transports fatty acids to the mitochondria for oxidation and energy production.1 Vitamin C also mediates protein metabolism, and helps produce peptide hormones. The production of collagen, the primary structural protein found in connective tissue, also requires vitamin C.
As a cofactor for lysyl oxidase, copper is involved in the cross-linking of elastin and collagen, which helps form and strengthen connective tissue. Copper is also a cofactor for the enzyme ceruloplasmin, which oxidizes ferrous to the more bioavailable ferric iron (Fe3+). This allows iron to bind the protein transferrin, which transports iron to the bone marrow for red blood cell formation.