- Provides live microorganisms that form part of a natural healthy gut flora
- Probiotics to significantly reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Probiotics to supplement the normal intestinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy
- Provides 75 billion CFU per day from human-sourced probiotics: Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60 and CUL-21), Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL-20), Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL-34), Lactobacillus salivarius (CUL-61) Contains fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Genestra HMF probiotics (despite having keep refrigerated on box) maintain a high degree of stability at 25C for up to 20 days.
Antibiotics alter intestinal microflora, and can result in the proliferation of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Probiotics promote naturally healthy microflora and support normal intestinal microbiota following antibiotic therapy.
IBS affects nearly 5 million Canadians and can also result from altered intestinal microflora. This leads to malabsorption of bile acids - which aid in fat digestion - and in turn, increases fluid and mucus secretion into the colon for bile acid dilution. As Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium help reabsorb bile acids, less water enters the colon, decreasing diarrheal occurrence.
In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 52 adults with IBS, daily supplementation with CUL-60, CUL-21, CUL-20 and CUL-34 significantly improved quality of life and bowel habit satisfaction scores, and decreased the number of days with pain within 10 weeks.
Please be advised that Well.ca follows manufacturer guidelines for storing & shipping probiotics. This product will be shipped with an ice-pack to maintain product efficacy.
Similar Gastrointestinal & Probiotic Support
Other Genestra Products
Parissa: a few months ago
I have been taking this product for almost 4 years, and it is the only thing that helps me with many chronic health issues but especially with chronic sinus and bladder infections. If I could afford it, I would have a pack a day as that would really help, but I split it into 3-4 days per sachet, and I avoid it when I can, to save. Other than the cost, I'd swear by these probiotics when others didn't help much.