Known to be one of the most nutrient-dense concentrated botanical sources of Vitamin C in the world (2–3% of fresh weight), Camu may offer considerable disease prevention benefits.
Camu is a wild growing bushy riverside tree bearing a cherry-like fruit with a purplish red skin and a yellow pulp surviving best in hot, damp tropical climates. Camu thrives in the Amazonian flood plain taking four to five years for the bush to bear fruit. Both the wild and cultivated variety can remain productive for several decades.
Camu is typically harvested directly into a freezer boat, which travels down the waterways of the Amazon where it is picked at the height of ripeness and flash-frozen. It’s then taken to a processing plant where it is thawed, peeled, liquefied and spray dried. The resulting powder is tangy and ranges froma pale pink to yellow beige to a brick red colour. The growing popularity is contributing to the sustainable development of the Amazon River basin and helping the forest dwellers to maintain their traditional way of life.
A few other widely recognized and proven benefits of Camu Camu are:
- May prevent colds and the flu.
- May help maintain healthy eyes, skin, tendons and ligaments and may support collagen production.
- May help naturally lower blood pressure. Camu may help prevent the buildup of plaque in the arteries.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties and may help alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
- May provide nutritional support for the brain and help to optimize mood balancing chemistry, support an increased serotonin level, and may protect against developing dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Camu may be rich in flavonoids, flavonols and flavanols, catechins, and rutin and may be a significant source of potassium. Camu may contain beta-carotene, calcium, leucine, protein, serine, thiamin, and valine.
Giddy Yoyo CAMU CAMU powder originates from the mineral rich soil of the Amazonian Rainforest of Peru, is Certified Organic, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free, Beyond Fair Trade and completely low temperature processed, powerful and RAW.
• Known to be one of the most nutrient-dense concentrated botanical sources of Vitamin C in the world. Ounce per ounce Camu may provide 50 times more vitamin C than an orange.
• Contains other naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, and may be a very powerful antioxidant.
• The human body does not manufacture vitamin C therefore we must get it from dietary sources (but many animals, including dogs, do manufacture their own vitamin C).
Suggested Usage: ¼-½ tsp mixed in juice, water or smoothies, raw ice creams and raw desserts. Safe and effective to use as many times per day as needed or desired. If you are new to Camu Camu, it is best to start small (1/16-1/8 teaspoon), and gradually build up as your body adapts to its potency. Slowly increase to 1-2 teaspoons per day. Diarrhea symptoms indicate excessive intake. As a natural Vitamin C source, this product may be used in conjunction with MSM powder to rejuvenate collagen.
Ingredients: Raw Certified Organic Camu Camu Berry Powder.