Each chewable tablet is formulated to contain a minimum of two billion
active cells guaranteed until expiry. The active cells are provided by a
combination of five probiotic cultures including: Lactobacillus
acidophilus, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus salivarius,
Bifidobacterium lactis and Lactobacillus paracasei. As an added benefit,
Jamieson’s Chewable Probiotic tablets are shelf-stable, which means
they don't require refrigeration and are perfect for travel.
- Balances intestinal flora for the maintenance of good health
- Helps prevent antibiotic-induced and traveller’s diarrhea
Probiotic blend 2 billion CFU (colony-forming units) at time of expiry, consisting of:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (NX-5864) ... 7.0 x 108 CFU
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (NX-5839) ... 7.0 x 108 CFU
- Lactobacillus salivarius (NX-5863) ... 4.0 x 108 CFU
- Bifidobacterium lactis (NX-5840) ... 1.0 x 108 CFU
- Lactobacillus paracasei (NX-5850) ... 1.0 x 108 CFU
Drug Interactions: None known when taken as directed.
Nutrient Depletions: Antibiotics — probiotics protect against diarrhea caused by antibiotics.
Supportive Interactions: Anti-acne drugs (helps promote healthy bacteria), anti-ulcer drugs, penicillins (anti-infectives) – reduce frequency of diarrhea.
Warnings and Precautions: Discontinue use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset (e.g. diarrhea) occur, worsen, or persist beyond 3 days. Do not use if you are experiencing nausea, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea or severe abdominal pain. Do not use if have an immunecompromised condition (e.g. AIDS, lymphoma, patients undergoing long-term corticosteroid treatment). This product has come into contact with milk. Do not use if you have a milk allergy.
Toxicity, Adverse Warnings and Side Effects: Do not exceed recommended dosage. Large quantities may cause diarrhea or other gastrointestinal side effects.