Magnesium is an essential mineral that is important to overall health. It helps maintain strong bones and supports proper muscle and nerve function. Magnesium is utilized by all organs in the body, especially the heart, muscles, and kidneys. It plays a role in tissue formation, blood glucose control, and cardiovascular health and supports the production of enzymes necessary for energy production. In fact, magnesium deficiency affects the health and vitality of every area of your body.
Magnesium supplementation has also been found to improve measures of insomnia including sleep efficiency and sleep time. It acts as a muscle relaxant since it relaxes smooth muscle cells, limits cellular contraction, and reduces muscle fiber excitability.
Jamieson’s nighttime magnesium formula is enriched with Melatonin, which helps restore optimal sleep patterns and improve sleep quality. Melatonin plays a critical role in our sleep/wake cycle, as it regulates your body’s natural sleep cycle to help promote a better quality, longer lasting sleep.
- Helps increase the total sleep time (aspect of sleep quality) in people suffering from sleep restriction or altered sleep schedule, e.g. shift-work and jet lag
- Helps to prevent and/or reduce the effects of jet lag (e.g. daytime fatigue, sleep disturbance) for people travelling by plane easterly across two or more time zones
- Helps to reduce the time it takes to fall asleep (sleep onset latency aspect of sleep quality) in people with delayed sleep phase disorder
- Helps re-set the body's sleep-wake cycle (aspect of the circadian rhythm)
- Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps in tissue formation
- Helps to maintain proper muscle function
Each tablet contains:
Magnesium (oxide, citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate) 100 mg
Melatonin 3 mg
Also Contains: Cellulose, vegetable stearic acid, riboflavin, silica, hydroxypropyl cellulose, water-soluble cellulose, ethyl vanillin.
NO salt, sugar, starch, gluten, lactose or artificial preservatives.
Adults: Take 1 tablet daily, at or before bedtime. Do not drive or use machinery for 5 hours after taking melatonin. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 1 month. Store between 15°C and 25°C, away from children.
Warnings: Consumption with alcohol, other medications or natural health products with sedative properties is not recommended. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking one of the following medications: anticoagulants, anticonvulsants, blood pressure medications, immunosuppressants, sedative, hypnotic or psychotropic medications, or steroids. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have any of the following conditions: asthma, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, depression, diabetes or hypoglycaemia, hormonal disorder, immune system disease, liver disease, migraine or seizure disorders. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist continuously for more than one month (chronic insomnia). Do not use this product if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Mild gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, or cramping) and/or rare allergic reactions have been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use.