- Jelonet is soothing and low-adherent and allows the wound to drain freely into an absorbent secondary dressing.
- Jelonet is a sterile paraffin tulle gras dressing made from open weave gauze. The gauze has interlocking threads which minimise fraying when the dressing is cut to shape.
- Jelonet is not medicated and so is ideal for use with the topical antiseptic or antibiotic of choice.
- Minor burns and scalds
- Donor and recipient graft sites
- Skin loss wounds, lacerations and abrasions
- Leg ulcers
Contraindications / Precautions
- Change dressing daily or more often according to the condition of the wound.
- For leg ulcers, only use under medical advice.
- Seek medical advice immediately for all serious wounds and burns, or if redness or discomfort occurs.
Similar Gauze & Tape
anik: more than a year ago
This product was recommended to me by my midwife after experiencing some bad cracks on my nipples when I initially started breast feeding. Along with a prescription ointment, the Jelonet gauze really helped in my healing. The packages are rather large for this purpose, so you have to cut pieces to size. This can be a little bothersome because moist gauze is slightly messy, but it's well worth the trouble. This also means the package for the dressing stays open until you use the whole piece. Fine for my use, but not if you're worried about keeping things sterile. You also have to watch out for small runaway pieces of gauze that may stay attached to your nipple before nursing. I hope more newly breastfeeding women find relief with this product!
Allanna: more than a year ago
A great older product of reasonable price that keeps dressings from sticking to oozing or open wounds. There are very neat collagen and other modern (read expensive-very expensive) items out there, but this product works very well for pennies in comparison. I use it under gauze dressings and stick it on with Hypafix Low Allergy tape, so it can still breath and allow the wound to dry out slowly without forming thick scabs or layers of dried on discharge. I'm glad to be able to get it from Well.ca, as it has become hard to find in local stores.
Louise: more than a year ago
I used this dressing while living in England years ago. It is the best dressing for open wounds as it does not stick and so is removed painlessly and without causing more damage. Every visit home I would stock up on Jelonet, as I now live in Canada. I am so pleased I have found a way to purchase it online.