Offers an enhanced blend of vegetarian protein and metabolic cofactors for athletic support
- Features 24.18 grams of vegetarian protein from pea and rice protein per dose
- Assists in the building of lean muscle mass when combined with regular resistance training and a healthy balanced diet
- Offers magnesium to promote nutrient metabolism, proper muscle function and normal electrolyte balance
- Provides chromium to support healthy glucose metabolism
- Includes green tea extract standardized to contain 40% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
- Smooth and delicious formula lightly sweetened with natural vanilla and butterscotch flavours
PureLean Ultra is a high-protein blend offering metabolic cofactors in a lightly sweetened, smooth and delicious formula. When combined with regular resistance training and a healthy balanced diet, high protein intake has been found to assist in the building of lean muscle mass. Diets higher in protein have been associated with healthy lean muscle composition, due in part to enhanced muscle protein synthesis. In a comparison study involving individuals on a high-protein (45% protein, 35% carbohydrate and 20% fat) or high-carbohydrate diet (60% carbohydrate, 20% protein and 20% fat), higher protein intake was found to help maintain lean body mass. In another study involving athletes, those following a high-protein diet (35% protein) were more likely to maintain lean body mass than individuals on a control diet (15% protein). High-protein diets may also help to enhance the repair of muscle protein after exercise and support muscle anabolism as individuals age. The nutrient cofactors magnesium, chromium and biotin are included to enhance nutrient metabolism, while green tea provides epigallocatechin gallate, the most powerful catechin.