Mood Plus is a “Hypericum free” formula. It is now known that Hypericum (St. John’s wort) can induce the cytochrome p450 3A4 (CYP3A4) enzyme and thus reduce blood levels of medications metabolized by this enzyme. Because it does not contain Hypericum, Mood Plus is suitable for patients taking medications metabolized by CYP3A4.
Low serum and red blood cell concentrations of vitamin B12 can have an adverse effect on mood. Vitamin B12 supports healthy neurological function and red blood cell formation, two factors that can enhance overall mood and stress management.
Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) is a well-known adaptogen and is included in Mood Plus to provide general adrenal support. Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), an inhibitory neurotransmitter that balances excessive excitatory responses in the brain, is included to help allay stress and support a calm state of mind. GABA is provided as the patented, all natural-source PharmaGABA. Mood Plus is safe and effective for mood enhancement and a valuable addition to any stress management plan.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 125 mg
- L-Tyrosine 100 mg
- Pantothenic Acid (Calcium d-Pantothenate) 65 mg
- L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (Griffonia simplicifolia) (seed) 25 mg
- Eleuthero Extract (Siberian ginseng) 25 mg (Eleutherococcus senticosus) (root)
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid 25 mg (GABA) (Lactobacillus hilgardii K-3)*
- Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) (root) (5:1 extract) 25 mg Standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) 2.5 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 275 mcg
- Folate 200 mcg ((6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt)
- Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 34 mcg
- Non-Medicinal Ingredients:
- Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, L-Leucine, Magnesium Laurate, Magnesium Citrate, and Silicon Dioxide.
Contains an ingredient derived from pork.
Take two capsules, 2 times daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner. Take with food. Not to be taken immediately before bedtime. Consult a health-care practitioner for use beyond 12 weeks.
If you experience irritability or insomnia, discontinue use. Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health-care practitioner. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, taking antidepressant medication, hormone replacement therapy (HRT), or birth control pills, consult a health-care practitioner prior to use. If you have bipolar disorder or bipolar spectrum disorder, do not use this product. Consult a health-care practitioner prior to use if you have epilepsy or if you are taking carbidopa or drugs/supplements with serotonergic activity. These may include, but are not limited to, L-tryptophan, S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), St. John’s wort, antidepressants, pain killers, over the counter cough and cold medication containing dextromethorphan, anti-nausea medication and anti-migraine medication. Discontinue use and consult a health-care practitioner if you show signs of weakness, oral ulcers, or abdominal pain accompanied by severe muscle pain or if you experience skin changes. Do not use if you have scleroderma. Some people may experience diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. Consumption with alcohol, other medications or health products with sedative properties is not recommended.