Thorne's B-Complex #6 supplies 200 mg of pyridoxine HCl, 6.8 mg pyridoxal 5'-phosphate, and the bioactive forms of the other B vitamins in each capsule to ensure you get the most bioavailable B-complex available.
B-Complex #6 also consists of a group of eight water-soluble compounds: thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), cobalamin (vitamin B12), folate, and biotin. Although each B vitamin is chemically distinct, they often work together in various biochemical functions throughout the body – from cellular energy production, to healthy red-blood-cell formation, to healthy neurological function.* Most B vitamins, with the exception of vitamin B12, are not stored in the body; consequently, they must be acquired daily from the diet in order to maintain optimal health.
- 100 mg of B6 in the form of pyridoxine HCl (85 mg) and active, tissue-ready pyridoxal 5- phosphate (P5P; 15 mg); the former formula contained 250 mg pyridoxine HCl and no P5P.
- 30 mg of B2 in the form of riboflavin (25 mg) and active, tissue-ready riboflavin 5’- phosphate (R5P; 5 mg); the former formula contained 25 mg of riboflavin and no R5P.
- Thiamine – 40 mg; the former formula contained 50 mg
- Pantothenic acid – 46 mg (the previous formula contained 45 mg)
- Biotin, niacinamide, 5-MTHF, methylcobalamin, and choline (listed as just the choline content, not choline citrate) remain the same
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 100 mg
Niacinamide 80 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Calcium-D-Pantothenate) 45 mg
Thiamine (Thiamine Hydrochloride) 40 mg
Riboflavin (Riboflavin and Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 30 mg
Choline (Choline Dihydrogen Citrate) 14.1 mg
Folate (L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 200 mcg
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 100 mcg
Biotin 80 mcg
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide, Powdered Cellulose.
Recommended Dose (Adults):
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by a health-care practitioner.
Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if security seal inside the cap is broken. Store tightly sealed in a cool, dry place. This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product. Folinic acid and 5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate supplementation is not recommended concurrently with methotrexate cancer therapy, as they can interfere with methotrexate's anti-neoplastic activity; however, these folate sources have not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate. Doses of vitamin B6 above 200 mg may inhibit breast milk production.