The fresh, fruity scent of bergamot is a key ingredient in classic colognes. Bergamot’s cleansing properties complement tea tree’s purifying actions while moderating its medicinal aroma. Bergaptene-free bergamot has been re-distilled to remove most of the constituents that can accelerate sunburn.
Essential oil is obtained by cold expression of the peels (pericarp) of unripe fruits. This is distilled to remove the furocoumarins.
Botanical Name: Citrus bergamia
Ingredients: CITRUS BERGAMIA (BERGAMOT) BERGAPTENE-FREE OIL
- Color: Clear, colorless
- Viscosity: Mobile
- Top Note: Rich, sweet-fruity, citrus
- Middle Note: Oily herbaceous, floral-citrus, sweet
- Dry Note: Lightly sweet-balsamic, clary-sage or tea like
- Aromatherapy Actions: Uplifting, normalizing, confidence-building
- Safety Data: Mild skin irritant. Dilute before use.