GYNALAC is a double-acting gel that contains a unique formulation of lactic acid and sodium hyaluronate, both of which are naturally produced by your own vagina. These two natural ingredients are delivered directly to your vagina where they can restore the natural flora and help protect against odor.
GYNALAC combines two natural ingredients, normally produced by your own vagina, to help your body regain its natural balance, safely and effectively. In addition to relieving immediate symptoms of BV, GYNALAC can also be used to maintain the natural pH balance of the vagina and prevent recurrence of BV in the long term.
Gynalac is recognized by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) Brand Recognition Program.
- Relieves Bacterial Vaginosis symptoms
- Prevents recurrences of Bacterial Vaginosis
- Relieves abnormal vaginal discharge and odor
- Provides immediate relief of itching, dryness & burning
- Restores vaginal flora via vaginal acidification to its normal physiological pH level, leading to:
- Reduction in pathogenic (unfriendly) bacteria
- Increase of endogenous protective (friendly) Lactobacilli forming an important natural defense to infections
- Is clinically proven to be as effective at relieving abnormal vaginal discharge and odor as a course of antibiotics (metronizadole)
- Offers synergistic efficacy when combined with antibiotics (metronidazole)
- Gynalac is recognized by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC) Brand Recognition Program.
Dosage: Acute treatment: For rapid relief of vaginal infection and symptoms such as embarrassing odor, abnormal discharge and vaginal discomfort, administer a single application (3 mL) for 7 consecutive days (preferably at bedtime) directly into the vagina using the applicator.
Maintenance and prevention or recurrence of symptoms around the menstrual cycle: Administer a single application (3 mL) for 3 days immediately after the menstrual cycle, directly into the vagina using the applicator, for a minimum of 6 months.
Maintaining normal pH level during a course of antibiotics: Administer a single application (3 mL) for 3 days directly into the vagina after the end of antibiotic therapy.
Active Ingredients: 225 mg of Lactic Acid (DL-lactic acid) and 5 mg of Sodium Hyaluronate/application.
Non-Active Ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycogen, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Linum Usitatissium (Linseed) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Rubus Coreanus Fruit Extract, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Levulinate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).
Caution: Skin irritation (redness, burning, itch) may occur during vaginal fungal (yeast) infections or when there are small fissures in the vaginal tissue. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or persist.
Contraindications: Individual hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients. Do not use if you are trying to get pregnant as semen is alkaline and may be neutralized by lactic acid.
Use in Pregnancy: Gynalac can be used during pregnancy and during breastfeeding. If a vaginal infection occurs during pregnancy, consult a health care practitioner.