Collagen is part of the matrix that ensures strong bones and it also plays a critical role in skin health. Youthful skin is abundant in collagen and elastin fibers that lock in moisture and keep the skin firm. As we age, however, collagen production naturally declines by about 1 percent a year starting in our early 20s. Women in menopause are especially susceptible to collagen deficiency. Thankfully, it is possible to support beautiful skin and collagen production by choosing nutrients that provide the body with the necessary building blocks.
- Smooth, beautiful, glowing skin
- Thicker, stronger, healthier hair
- Strong nails and bones
- More flexible connective tissue
- Stops receding gums
- Silicon is a trace mineral required by the body to make collagen and elastin. Unfortunately, silicon from food, herbs and colloidal (gel) silica supplements is poorly absorbed. Collagen Plus contains silicic acid, which is directly used to make collagen.
- Biotin, like silicon, is important for healthy hair, skin, nails and bones. Food sources of biotin include nuts, egg yolk, wheat bran, oat, barley, liver and brewer's yeast. However, the therapeutic amount of biotin required for healthy hair and nails exceeds that found in the typical diet. Topical biotin, often added to hair care products, is not as effective as biotin in capsule form. Supplemental biotin has been found to increase nail thickness and reduce splitting. Collagen Plus contains 50 micrograms of biotin in each drop.
Each Drop Contains:
This product does not contain artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, soy, shellfish, corn, wheat or yeast. VEGAN-FRIENDLY. GLUTEN-FREE.