- This formula contains an all-encompassing profile of vegetarian digestive enzymes to support protein, carbohydrate, fat, fiber and dairy digestion.
- Proteases included in this formula provide optimal activity across a wide pH range. They facilitate the normal breakdown of proteins and di- and tri-peptides.
- Lipase promotes lipid breakdown while amylase and glucoamylase are included to stimulate polysaccharide breakdown of starch and glycogen. Invertase and lactase support digestion of carbohydrate disaccharides, including the dairy sugar lactose.
- This formula also offers numerous enzymes to support fiber breakdown, including cellulase, hemicellulase, beta-glucanase and phytase. These enzymes act to break down cell wall components and phytic acid, promoting nutrient bioavailability of fiber-containing foods.
- Additionally, alpha-galactosidase promotes the breakdown of certain complex carbohydrates, such as raffinose and stachyose, found in some legumes, vegetables and grains—helping to relieve occasional bloating or gas.*