Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn.
Additional points come to those who can fulfill their Destination Tickets by connecting two distant cities, and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway.
The object of the game is to score the highest number of total points. Points can be scored by:
- Claiming a Route between two cities on the map
- Successfully completing a Continuous Path of routes between two cities listed on your Destination Ticket(s)
- Or by completing the Longest Continuous Path of routes.
- Points are lost if you do not successfully complete the route given on your Destination Ticket(s)
- 1 Board map of North American train routes
- 225 Colored Train Cars
- 144 Illustrated cards
- 5 Wooden Scoring Markers
- 1 Rules booklet
Playing Time: 45 minutes
Similar Board Games
Andrea: more than a year ago
Ticket to Ride is one of my favourite board games. It's fun for different age groups and is easy to learn. It can be really competitive. I haven't had a chance to play the newer versions like Asia or India maps but I would highly recommend the Ticket to Ride Europe if you've got a smaller group of people.
FL: more than a year ago
We've had the Europe version for a few years now and we really enjoy it, be it as a two-player game or more. We just bought the North America version for my in-laws who keep saying that it's so much fun, they should buy it. As usual, great price and very efficient service from Well.ca!