Davids Premium Natural Toothpaste
Description & Features
Natural, EWG Verified, No Fluoride, No sulfates, 98% USA Origin Ingredients, No Artificial flavours, sweeteners, colours or preservatives, vegan, cruelty free, sustainable packaging, recyclable, carton made with 100% wind power, Family owned and operated, proudly 100% American made.
- Calcium Carbonate - Natural material mined from the earth. Used as a mild abrasive to help prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
- Purified Water - Used to blend ingredients and give texture.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)- Natural material mined from the earth. Used to neutralize the plaque forming acids in your mouth. Helps prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
- Vegetable Glycerin - Davids uses only food grade domestic non-gmo vegetable glycerin derived from vegetable oils ( not to be confused with industrial glycerin or other glycerin products produced from animal fats). Used to moisten the mouth and enhance the natural mint oil flavor. Also used as a natural preservative to keep the paste moist and to keep the ingredients from separating.
- Hydrated Silica - Natural material from the earth that is used to help remove surface stains and whiten & polish teeth. Others use low quality imported silica with large abrasive particles that can scratch or damage the enamel....Davids uses only the highest quality USA made silica with ultra fine microscopic particles designed to safely clean and polish the enamel on your teeth.
- Xylitol (birch derived) - a five-carbon sugar used as a sweetener, but more importantly, has the effect of reducing plaque formation and inhibits enamel demineralization. We use only a premium USA produced xylitol derived from birch trees, which is considered the best for both you and the environment. Research studies show that xylitol works to reduce the formation of cavities.
- Sodium Cocyl Glutamate - Natural alternative to SLS which is derived from coconut oil and sulfate free. Used to create a mild foaming action which suspends the other ingredients in your mouth while brushing, helping the cleaning and whitening process.
- Carrageenan- Seaweed powder. Natural seaweed is hand harvested from the ocean, dried, and milled to a fine powder. When we add the water and other liquids to the seaweed powder, it creates a gel paste. Without seaweed powder (carrageenan), our toothpaste would have a syrup like consistency. There has been confusion about this ingredient because there is a NON FOOD GRADE version known as degraded Carrageenan (aka poligeenan) - formerly referred to as degraded carrageenan. Learn More
- Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil - We us a pure domestic essential oil of peppermint derived from natural mint leaves. Used to give our toothpaste a natural peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath. We developed a custom blend of ultra premium, USA produced, mint oils from various mint growing regions around the US to create a one of a kind mint flavor that is amazing!
- Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil - We us a pure domestic essential oil of spearmint derived from natural spearmint leaves. Used to compliment the peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath.
- Piminella Anisum (Anise) Seed Extract - Derived from the perennial herbal plant anise. Used to compliment the peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath.
- Gaultheria Procumbens (Wintergreen) Leaf Oil - We us a pure domestic essential oil of wintergreen derived from natural wintergreen leaves. Used to compliment the peppermint flavor, to kill the bacteria in your mouth and freshen breath.
- Stevia (Leaf Extract) - Derived from the stevia plant. Used as a natural sweetener and to further enhance the natural mint oil flavoring.