Genestra HMF Fit For School Probiotic Formula
- Helps to reduce incidence of upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) symptoms
- Provides 12.5 billion CFU of live microorganisms that temporarily modify gut flora
- Includes 50 mg of vitamin C and 1000 IU of vitamin D per serving
- Chewable tablets with a delicious natural blackcurrant flavour
- Genestra HMF probiotics (despite having keep refrigerated on box) maintain a high degree of stability at 25C for up to 20 days.
GENESTRA BRANDS HMF Fit for School includes a combination of research-driven probiotic strains and vitamin C that helps to reduce incidence of URTI symptoms in children. In a recent clinical trial, 57 schoolchildren were randomized to receive either a placebo tablet or HMF Fit for School’s probiotic formula plus 50 mg of vitamin C daily for 6 months. Children in the probiotic plus vitamin C group had 33% less incidence of URTI, a significant decrease in the number of days with URTI symptoms, and a 30% decrease in school absenteeism.1 HMF Fit for School also includes 25 mcg (1000 IU) of vitamin D per tablet to provide complementary immune support.2
1. Garaiova I, Muchová J, Nagyová Z, Wang D, Li JV, Országhová Z et al. Probiotics and vitamin C for the prevention of respiratory tract infections in children attending preschool: a randomised controlled pilot study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2014; 174: 1–7
2. King S, Glanville J, Sanders ME, Fitzgerald A, and Varley D. Effectiveness of probiotics on the duration of illness in healthy children and adults who develop common acute respiratory infectious conditions: a systematic review and meta-analysis. British Journal of Nutrition. 2014; 112(1): 41-54.
Please be advised that Well.ca follows manufacturer guidelines for storing & shipping probiotics. This product will be shipped with an ice-pack to maintain product efficacy.