Tea Tree Oil is derived from the Tea Tree, a native plant to Southeastern Australia. While the whole Tree is valued, only the leaves are used to produce the medicinal Oil. Tea Tree essential Oil is considered to be both antiseptic (able to destroy bacteria capable of causing infection) and an antimicrobial (may destroy or prevent growth of microbes which are any tiny living things including bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses). It is used medicinally in the treatment of many conditions, the most common being prevention or treatment of acne, fungal infections, yeast infections and a wide variety of skin conditions. It helps soothe and disinfects insect bites and eradicates head lice, nits and scabies.
Tea Tree Oil is wonderful to have around the house, cottage/cabin, boat, car and while traveling. The list below shows the wide range of use this natural product provides:
- Antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal
- Helps to relieve fungal infections, such as athlete's foot, fungal nail-bed infection and vaginal yeast infection
- Helps to treat and prevent head lice infestation
- First-aid antiseptic (disinfects cuts and scrapes, prevents infection)
- May help to alleviate acne, eczema and herpes simplex (cold-sores)
- Discontinue use if rash or irritation occurs
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes. In case of accidental contact, rinse immediately with water
- For external use only
- Avoid all topical use of Tea Tree Oil on cats and dogs. These animal species appear to poorly tolerate Tea Tree Oil leading to possible serious toxicity. As well, oral use in pets should also be avoided.
- Do not use full strength for children under 18 month of age or if pregnant ?€“ dilute to 1/2 strength
- Do not use in the presence of dermatitis or other chronic skin conditions
- Keep out of reach of children
Similar Skin Care Oils
Other Holista Products
Cait: more than a year ago
I use this to put a couple drops in my bottle of shampoo. I heard that that would help my kids not catch lice at school. It's hard to tell if it is working - they haven't had lice yet! It smells awful, but thankfully it doesn't stay in the hair once you rinse the shampoo out. I definitely think it is worth the shot!