If You Care Certified Compostable Tall Kitchen Bags
Description & Features
These bags are all natural -- completely polyethylene free and plasticizer free. If You Care Compostable Bags are stronger than bags made from corn starch.
The potato starch used to make these bags come from starch potatoes, which are not grown for food but only for starch production. These potatoes are too high in starch to be good for food. Therefore, there is no diversion from food supplies. To produce the same amount of starch from these potatoes as from corn requires 40% less land. These potatoes require no irrigation, and need only normal rainfall. Corn requires much more water.
If You Care Tall Kitchen Bags fit all tall kitchen 13-gallon pails. Use them for compostable waste. Bags along with food scraps can be composted in municipal or commercial compost facilities.
- Potato starch from non-GMO “starch potatoes” – grown for starch, not for food
- Blended with certified fully compostable polymer
- No plasticizers. Plasticizers migrate, which deteriorates mechanical properties of bags. If You Can doesn't use them.
- Package from 100% recycled board processed chlorine-free (PCF)
- No polyethylene. 100% certified compostable
- Potato starch from potatoes grown for starch only – no diversion from food supply
- Potato starch uses less water than starch from corn. No irrigation necessary, only natural rainfall.
- 40% less land is used to produce same quantity of starch from potatoes as from corn
- Use for compostable waste
- Bags are certified compostable by the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI)
- Bags along with waste can be composted in municipal or commercial compost facilities
- Cardboard box should be recycled
- No animal testing
- No animal ingredients