- 7.5 lbs; 71" x 26"; 6 mm thick
- Superior wear and longevity
- Closed-cell surface to keep moisture and sweat from seeping into the mat and breeding bacteria (ideal for hot yoga).
- High-density cushion for unparalleled experience, joint protection, and versatility on any surface (carpet, cement, hardwood floors).
- Fabric-like surface finish for slip-resistance, even with light perspiration, yet non-sticky for optimal movement between poses.
- Sustainable engineering ensures high quality material will not peel, flake or fade. Product improves with use over time.
- Proprietary dot pattern bottom to resist sliding.
- OEKO-TEX certified, emissions-free manufacturing.
- 100% latex free
To Store: Roll Black Mat PRO mats with the top side (fabric-finish) facing outwards. This keeps the corners of the mat flat when practicing.
To Clean: Manduka recommends using Manduka Mat Renew or any non-solvent household cleaner with a damp cloth or sponge. Hang to dry in the sunshine. DO NOT clean your mat with a garden hose, put in the bathtub or shower, put it in the washing machine, or use a vacuum cleaner - it may break the machine and ruin your mat!
Similar Yoga Mats
Other manduka Products
Lena: a few months ago
Well worth the $100. I researched a lot before going for the Manduka Pro. The density is incredible. I have mild arthritis in one knee and used to put my mat on top of a studio mat, but no more. This one has even more cushioning than the 2 mats together. I do power yoga 4+ times a week, and can tell this mat will last the next 20 years. It is truly well made. My husband believes the "film" or "coating" on the mat is a "lubricant" that is a result from the mats going through rollers during the manufacturing process. Hence, the "breaking in" period is the "film" wearing off as you practice on it. I washed the top of my mat with a cloth & small amount of mild dish washing liquid twice. And it this worked great. This is still a slight slipping when my hands are really sweaty, but I believe this will improve over time & as I use the mat & it will get more grippy. For those who are concerned about weight, it's a heavy mat. But this doesn't matter to me, I highly recommend this mat.
Simon: a few months ago
I used to use a $25 mat purchased from a local brick and mortar store which eventually ripped. I wasn't able to justify spending $100 on a mat, though I went for it because of the reviews I've read online about this particular brand. The Manduka Black Mat Pro did not disappoint. I do hot yoga, yin, and everything in between using this mat. The one con that this mat comes with is that it's quite slippery when you first receive it. Overtime though, it comes much better. Overall 5/5
Jessica: more than a year ago
I LOVE this mat. It took a while to break in, but now that it is, I couldn't be happier. I got it as a gift during the height of my practice when I was going to class 5 days a week and now I teach. It may be pricey, but it will be the last mat you ever need to buy and will help your practice more than buying 10 cheap mats.