Medela Nipple Shields can be an effective tool for professionals and moms to manage infants with latch-on problems, for moms with overactive let-downs or for flat, inverted and sore nipples. They are also an invaluable tool in the NICU environment where latch can be problematic but critical for early growth. Contact Nipple Shields provide skin-to-skin contact for important mom/baby bonding.
Medela Breast Shield Features:
- Convenient - Offers fast solution for babies with latch difficulties
- Comfortable - Designed with thin, pliable silicone for maximum comfort
- Versatile - Available in Standard and Contact versions in 3 different sizes (16mm, 20mm, 24mm) in sterile and non-sterile packaging to meet the needs of moms, babies, and professionals
- Effective - Nipple shield use increases milk intake without decreasing total duration of breastfeeding for preterm infants
- Sterile - 67251S: For immediate use in hospital
- Chosen for you and your baby - All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA/DEHP Free
Includes: 1 Contact Nipple Shield
Similar Breast Care
Other Medela Products
Holly: more than a year ago
This is the only reason I am still breastfeeding my daughter at almost 6 months. We had trouble latching and she was not drinking nearly enough. After so much stress and tears, my husband found this. Midwives and lactation consultants are reluctant to recommend it because it can affect milk supply, but I never had this issue and was able to wean around 4 months. Easy to use and clean.
Allya: more than a year ago
I have had a terrible time attempting to get my little one to latch. This is the only way we are able to breastfeed at the moment.
The only annoying thing is when the shield looses suction and comes loose as I am trying to get the baby to take it.
Overall, I would definitely recommend it.