Suitable for ages 4 years and up. Contains small parts.
Extension Activities (More Ways to Play and Learn):
- Give the child one of each letter bead A through Z. Ask him/her to string the beads in alphabetical order from A to Z.
- Ask the child to sort the non-alphabet beads by shape. Ask him/her to count and identify each group of shapes: 12 flowers, 9 fish, 9 teddy bears, 8 hearts, 8 stars, 8 rectangles, 8 butterflies, 6 circles, 4 ovals.
- Ask the child to sort the non-alphabet beads by color. Ask him/her to count and identify each group of colors: 13 pink, 12 green, 9 orange, 9 purple, 8 yellow, 9 rose, 7 turquoise, 6 blue.
- Ask the child to sort the letter beads alphabetically. Ask him/her to count and identify each group of letters: 12 A, 9 B, 6 C, 6 D, 13 E, 7 F, 6 G, 6 H, 6 I, 4 J, 4 K, 9 L, 9 M, 9 N, 6 O, 6 P, 3 Q, 10 R, 10 S, 7 T, 4 U, 2 V, 4 W, 4 X, 4 Y, 4 Z.
- Create a variety of different patterns using any combination of beads. Ask the child to replicate each pattern.
- Ask the child to count the number of laces in the set and to identify the color of each.
- Ask the child to string the beads in a specific order. Describe each bead by its letter name or shape and color.