Polysporin Opthalmic Ointment
Polysporin Eye Ointment is a sterile antibiotic ointment for infections of the external eye such as sties.
Directions for Use: Apply POLYSPORIN Ophthalmic Ointment to inside or outside of eyelid 4 times daily.
How to Apply:
- Gently pull down on the lower lid to create a pouch.
- With eye open, gently squeeze the tube to apply about 1 cm of POLYSPORIN Ophthalmic Ointment along the pouch.
- Close eye for one to two minutes and roll eye around.
- Do not let the tube directly touch the eye.
- Contact lenses should not be worn until the infection has resolved.
- Because the ointment can get contaminated over time, discard the tube one month after opening and do not share product with others.
Medicinal Ingredients (per gram): 10,000 units Polymyxin B (as Sulfate), 500 units Bacitracin Zinc.
Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetically): butylated hydroxytoluene, petrolatum.
CAUTIONS: If irritation occurs, or in case of serious infection, or if infection has not started to clear in 2 days, discontinue use and consult a doctor. Consult a doctor before use if there is a sensitivity to light, continuous abundant discharge, pain in the eye, impaired vision, fever or scaling around the eye.