Research in brief: Scientists have made one of the greatest discoveries of our time. They have found that a unique combination of natural fibres can help people safely reduce appetite. As more people know the health risks of excess weight, they want natural ways to improve eating habits and control food cravings. When you can effectively control appetite, you can reduce food consumption and lose weight.
Impact on Glycemic Index: Results showed that when PGX is consumed before or with foods or beverages, it can reduce the glycemic index of meals by up to 50%, partly by reducing the speed of digestion, contributing to healthy blood sugar levels and improved insulin sensitivity.
Clinical research has shown that as PGX thickens and expands it creates a sense of fullness and satiety that controls appetite for several hours, making it possible to decrease food intake without hunger. PGX also delays gastric emptying, prolonging satiety.
PGX improves glucose (blood sugar) balance, particularly postprandial (after meal) glucose levels. In a double-blind, placebo controlled study; subjects taking PGX for 3 weeks lowered their after-meal blood sugar levels by approximately 20%. Insulin secretion was also reduced by approximately 40%, producing a whole body insulin sensitivity index improvement of nearly 50%.
PGX® (PolyGlycopleX®) 750 mg
[konjac (Amorphophallus konjac) (root), sodium alginate, xanthum gum], medium chain triglycerides 600 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Softgel capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, annatto, carob), yellow beeswax, lecithin
• Begin with 1-2 softgels before each meal.
• Take PGX® Daily softgels with plenty of water to promote a feeling of fullness (min. 250 ml per 3 softgels).
• Every 2–3 days, increase by one softgel with each meal.
• Continue to increase dosage until a significant reduction in hunger and between meal cravings is experi-enced.
• Effective dose is typically 3-6 softgels per meal. Some individuals only require 1-2 softgels per meal, while others need the maximum dose of 6 softgels.
• After achieving the initial weight loss goals, lower doses may effectively control appetite.
Dosage: 750 mg